GCSE Results 2017
A Celebration of GCSE Results 2017
On the 24th August 2017, our Year 11 students had much to celebrate as they collected their GCSE
results. Their strong perference across all subjects refected the hard work and dedication by students
and staff over the last two years. This year students faced the additional challenge of the new GCSEs in
both Maths and English and I am pleased to report that they rose to the challenge admirably; achieving
well above National results.
Below are a few of the Headline figures
• 98% of students achieved grades 9- 4 in at least one of the English GCSE examinations
• 83% of students achieved grades 9- 4 in Maths
• 83% gained 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9-4/A*-C grades including Maths and English
• Over 1/3 of all students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at 9-7/A*- A grade
• 117 students achieved 10 or more 9-4/A*- C Grades
• Nearly half of all students achieved 3 or more 9-7/A*/A grades
Well are rightly proud of the achievements of all our students, however a special mention needs to be
made to Angel Babu and Sarah Crimmen who both achieved 10 GCSEs at grades 9-8/A* with a further
GCSE at A grade. A further 22 students achieved at least 10 GCSEs at Grades 9-7/A*-A.
These are remarkable results which gives the new Year 11 a wonderful target to meet or exceed.